Thursday, May 6, 2010

Celtic Blessings

So I have this really cool 2010 Celtic Blessings calendar. I think I ordered it off of Amazon or something cheesy like that. I wasn't really sure what I was getting when I ordered it - I just liked the pictures that were displayed on the website. It turns out that I scored big time - not only does it have beautiful Celtic art, but the blessings are pretty cool too. Every 30 days (or there abouts), when I get to turn the calendar, I love reading that month's little gem of wisdom. So for the month of May, here is a Celtic Blessing from me and my calendar to you...

TO KNOW GOD
Come care for the blossoms, and care
for the bulbs, care for the condor high
over the hills, and care for the hills
as well. Care for the dark, soft earth;
see that it deepens and is not washed
away to the sea. Care for the weak things,
the drifting specks of life in the oceans,
for the tiger hunted from the jungle,
for the whale driven from his depths.
Care for the children of men and for
the children of all that live and
multiply and hunger for life; care
for those who live a hundred years and
those whose span is over with the
setting sun, for they all have their
part to play - and their secrets.

Care for the winds that they are not
poisoned, and guard the great forests,
for their breath is our breath. For
even if you have seized the staff of
great dominion, your fate is bound
with the least of this creation, and as
you treat the least of creation, so you
treat the Creator.

O you who gaze upon this now,
If you would know the holy will of God,
then care for his creation.

Blessed Be.

LucidiaLife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment