Friday, May 14, 2010

Asthma

I just spent a couple of minutes talking on the phone to a wonderful lady with the San Diego Natural Guide. I contacted the guide earlier this week to see about getting a spot in their directory for the Fall. So as we were talking, she was asking about Lucidia and if it could possibly benefit someone with asthma. She was saying that she used to live in Illinois and had a friend come visit her recently from Illinois. The last time they saw each other, this friend was asthma free and in the two years since then, she developed such severe asthma that she uses a breathing machine when necessary and at times will have to wake up in the middle of the night, just to get herself hooked up to the machine to regulate her breathing.

Wow, I felt so bad for this woman. It's no way to live your life - to feel like you're being suffocated. Ugh! To not be able to breath... and then what if you're caught somewhere without an inhaler or breathing machine. It seems frightening.

So anyway, as this nice woman from the San Diego Natural Guide and I were talking, she asked whether Lucidia would help her asthmatic friend. I let her know that her friend should definitely not try to replace her breathing machine with Lucidia, but that Lucidia will help improve her immune system and strengthen her body so it won't be affected by allergens.

I've never experienced asthma, so I wanted to do a little research to see what happens when someone has an asthma attack. This is what I found... Basically the muscles of the bronchial walls tighten, and your airways produce extra mucus that blocks the passage of air.

Some of the most common triggers of asthma are pollen, dust mites, mold and pet dander; and irritants, like smoke, pollution, fumes, cleaning chemicals, and sprays.




Thanks to the following sites for helping me out with my curiosity about asthma.
http://www.aaaai.org
http://www.bio.davidson.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment