Monday, April 19, 2010

About Us...

I've been posting to this blog for about a year, although you wouldn't know it considering this is only my 8th or 9th entry. If I were to be graded on effort... well, let's just say that I'm glad there are no grades given out for blogging (only the sound of crickets chirping loudly due to the fact that nobody's reading what your write!). I did have another blog going for awhile that was more popular when I lived in Budapest in 2007-2008 (to see that you can go to pachamaya.blogspot.com).

Anyway, I could say that my dog ate my blogging notes or I could say that my internet has been down or I could make up some tragic accident that would garner sympathies for my lack of blogging. But to be honest, it's been pretty busy and the down time that I have is usually spent AWAY from the computer, or any other electronics for that matter. So in this blog entry, I thought I'd give a little personal glimpse into why it's been so busy.

My business partner, Nathalie Babazabeh and I joined forces mid-year of 2008 to bring Lucidia to the public. We both have a deep knowledge of natural and holistic ways to better your health. Nathalie comes from an Eastern medicine background with a license in Oriental Medicine and Acupuncture. She has a clinic in Oakland, CA called Grand Acupuncture Center (www.bambooforestacupuncture.com). She also has a passion for plant medicine and all the wonderful medicinal properties that plants offer. She's also raising a daughter as a single parent.

I have a Masters degree in Holistic Nutrition and am currently enrolled in the teacher training program at the Waldorf Institute of Southern California. Prior to taking on Lucidia full time, I was working an office job and raising two kids with my hubby, Andy.

So, as you can see, both Nathalie and I have a lot to juggle. But speaking for myself, I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to devote my time and energy into something wonderful and beneficial to the health of the body. This leads me to another thought...

There's been a tremendous amount that I've learned through my Waldorf teacher training, but something that has really resonated in me recently is the idea of that which is in the microcosm is also in the macrocosm and visa versa. Like a reflection. One may apply this idea in any number of ways; it's infinite in its possibilities. I'll go ahead and apply this idea to Lucidia and how it helps enhance the immune system, clear the blood of impurities, enrich the body with vitamins, minerals and bioflavonoids, and relieve allergy symptoms. If an individuals' body is healthy and vital, then can we see that in a reflection of the Earth as well?? hhhmmm... some deep thoughts for a blog. haha

My intention is to do something or offer something that will help people feel better, and in doing so, offer the same to the Earth through this idea of microcosm-macrocosm reflection. And in honor of Earth Day on Thursday, I hope that all my readers are in good health, good spirits and joyful this time of year.

These are my thoughts for the moment. For a little more business sense about Lucidia, you can check out our mission and goals at www.lucidialife.com

2 comments: